This is where I share tips, challenges, new resources, book recommendations, updates and more! Subscribe to the newsletter to get the blog posts direct to your inbox!
I love throwing an elaborate dinner party or doing a batch of baking in the weekend when time allows, but so often, life gets busy and food preparation needs to be quick and easy. And at these times of stress its more important than ever to eat food that nourishes your body and soul.
We have been enjoying an abundance of fresh autumn apples and the last of the summer berries. This recipe contains the goodness of fruit, a lashing of something creamy, and a crunchy crumble in caramelized honey. If you cook and puree or mash the apples in advance, it then only takes 5 minutes to put together
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
2 cups of apple puree (fresh apples peeled, chopped, boiled and mashed)
1 cup of Sultana Bran (or other bran flakes)
2 T butter
A dollop of crème fraiche or greek yoghurt per person
Fresh berries to garnish
1. Slightly crush the Sultana Bran so that the pieces are about ¼ the size of a whole flake
2. Put the Sultana Bran into a small pot and add the butter and stir on high heat
3. Once the butter starts to melt, add the honey
4. Continue stirring until the the mixture starts to clump, and looks glossy and crispy, then take it off the heat
5. Put the apple puree into dessert bowls and top with the Sultana Bran crumble
6. Create a contrast to the warm crumble by adding a dollop of crème fraiche or greek yoghurt and garnish with berries.
*this post was published first on nzgirl.co.nz
Ever had one of those days where everything seems to go wrong and world seems to be against you?! And the more irritated that you get, the worse it gets? One morning this week, I was feeling under the weather and everything I did seemed to take more time and effort than usual. So I […]